The Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center announced the winners of the 2023 Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards.
The group of 10 will be honored at a luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9 at the Avalon Manor, 3550 E. Lincoln Hwy. in Merrillville.
“Our latest group of honorees has made an impact on such a wide range of industries and fields here in our Region,” said NW-ISBDC Regional Director Lorri Feldt in a press release. “Their stories epitomize how the journey to entrepreneurism is unique to each and every small business owner.”
The Class of 2023 includes:
- Small Business Person of the Year: John Vode, Precision Metals, Chesterton
- Entrepreneurial Success: Allen Kent, Kent Heating and Air Conditioning, Valparaiso
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Cory Armand, Armand Investment Group and AIG Business Center, Gary
- Women-Owned Business of the Year: Ann Coglianese, Region ATA Academy, Highland
- Family-Owned Business of the Year: Jeanne Robbins, Munster Steel, Hammond
- Young Entrepreneur: Aylin Cornejo, Whimsy Do’s, Schererville
- Advocate for Youth Entrepreneurship: Krissy LaFlech, Munster High School
- Small Business Advocates: Lisa Dan and Mary Perren, Starke County Economic Development Foundation and Starke Tank, Starke County
- Emerging Business: Brandi and Jamaal Smith, All Pieces Fit, Merrillville
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Linda Hough, founder and consultant at CLH, CPAs & Consultants, Michigan City, Valparaiso, La Porte
The E-Day awards began in 1991 to tell the stories of the winners. This year’s event will include video profiles of each award recipient.
“Family, overcoming challenges and a strong team are at the root of many of our winners’ stories and behind their drive to success,” Feldt said. “We look forward to sharing their insight and experiences at this year’s event and through our videos that are a highlight of the awards.”
Tickets for the awards luncheon are $45 and available until Nov. 3 here.
The Northwest ISBDC serves seven counties in the Region with no-cost assistance for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Caption: NW-ISBDC Regional Director Lorri Feldt helps lead the 2022 Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards luncheon. (Provided by NW-ISBDC)