The deadline is approaching for the state of Indiana’s annual Governor’s Century and Half Century Awards.
The awards honor Hoosier businesses that have remained in operation for at least 100 or 50 years, respectively, and have demonstrated a commitment to serving the community. The deadline is March 31.
Qualifying criteria includes:
- The business must have had continuous operations in Indiana for more than 50 or 100 years by Dec. 31, 2020.
- The business must have participated in the same line of work for the duration of its operations. If different, an explanation of the evolution into the current business must be provided on the nomination form.
- The business must have had its base in the state of Indiana since it was founded.
- The business must recognize, acknowledge, and agree that it is in full compliance with the Indiana Secretary of State, Department of Revenue and the Department of Workforce Development by signing the application.
- The business must not have previously received a Century or Half Century award from the state of Indiana. Previous Half Century award recipients may qualify for a Century award.