A total of 47 Indiana businesses and organizations from around the state were recognized for continuous operations between 50 and 100 years or more.
Gov. Eric Holcomb and Indiana Secretary of Commerce Brad Chambers recognized the milestone businesses and organizations with the Governor’s Century or Half-Century Business Award in recognition of each company’s longevity and service to its employees, community and the state. Honorees included 11 from Northwest Indiana and the South Bend-Elkhart area.
“Recognizing Hoosier businesses and their accomplishments for not only for decades of resilience and hard work but for the lasting impact on Indiana’s economy is a true honor,” Holcomb said. “Through strong drive and dedication, these businesses have set the tone of Indiana’s past, present and future economy and provide confidence in knowing for the next 100 years, Indiana will be on a journey to success.”
The Governor’s Century and Half-Century Business Awards honor Hoosier businesses that have remained in operation for a minimum of 100 or 50 consecutive years and have demonstrated a commitment to community service. More than 1,206 Indiana companies have been recognized during the award’s 31-year history.
“The 47 companies recognized (Aug. 16) are perfect examples of the impact of entrepreneurs,” Chambers said. “All of these companies started here, in Indiana, and have powered both the state’s economic growth and the vibrancy of their respective communities for decades.”
2022 Century Award honorees from Northwest Indiana and the South Bend/Elkhart area:
- Ayers Realtors Inc. (real estate); 100 years; Lake County
- Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center (funeral services); 126 years; LaPorte County
- Niezgodski Plumbing Inc. (plumbing & HVAC); 100 years; St. Joseph County
- South Bend Medical Foundation Inc. (health); 110 years; St. Joseph County
2022 Half-Century Award honorees from Northwest Indiana and the South Bend/Elkhart area:
- B and H Repair (agricultural equipment repair); 56 years; Porter County
- Big and Tall Outlet (retail); 51 years; Elkhart County
- MonoSol LLC (technology); 69 years; Lake County
- Shaffner Heaney Associates Inc. (architectural distributor); 51 years; St. Joseph County
- South Bend Orthopaedics (health); 75 years; St. Joseph County
- Stephenson’s of Elkhart Inc. (retail); 91 years; Elkhart County
- The Bud Insurance Agency Inc. (insurance); 55 years; Lake County