Several North Central Indiana companies made Forbes magazine’s 2023 list of America’s Best Employers in Indiana.
Forbes partnered with Statista, a market research firm, to survey 70,000 U.S. employees at companies with more than 500 employees. The survey asked workers to rate their employers in categories such as working environment, pay equity, advancement opportunities and brand loyalty, among other questions.
Munster-based Community Healthcare System landed the top spot.
“Community Healthcare System values, appreciates and respects every hardworking member of our team,” said Donald Fesko, CEO of Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana Inc., parent company of Community Healthcare System, in a press release. “That team mentality and deep appreciation for those who make our system the very best for our patients are what strengthen us as an organization.”
The Community Healthcare System, which was founded in 2001, includes facilities in Munster, East Chicago, Hobart and Crown Point. It employs 7,648 people.
The health care industry had the most listings, according to the Forbes’ website.
The list of top employers in Indiana included 73 companies. Companies with a regional presence in North Central Indiana on the list include:
- No. 8: Indiana University, Bloomington
- No. 18: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame
- No. 24: Purdue University, West Lafayette
- No. 43: Franciscan Health, Mishawaka
- No. 44: Ivy Tech Community College, Indianapolis
- No. 56: Thor Industries, Elkhart
- No. 67: Forest River, Elkhart
- No. 71: Beacon Health System, South Bend
- No. 72: Lippert Components, Elkhart