The Michigan City Chamber of Commerce recently elected its new directors and officers to the board for 2021.
New directors elected to three-year terms include:
- Paz Garcia, Sodexo
- Kim Giannetti, General Insurance Services
- Mark Zemrowski, Von Tobel Lumber and Hardware.
Elected officers include:
- Bill Gertner, Horizon Bank, chair
- Jill Nygren, Franciscan Health Michigan City, chair-elect
- Megan Applegate, Applegate & Co., CPA, treasurer
- Brenda Temple, Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa as secretary.
- John Wall, 2020 chair, past chair for 2021
Directors departing include: Rod Bensz, B&E Marine; Charlie Keene, General Insurance Services; and Stephanie Oberlie with Harbour Trust & Investment Management. Directors continuing their terms on the board include: Curt Cipares, Tonn & Blank; Clarence Hulse, Economic Development Corporation Michigan City; Kristina Jacobucci, Newby, Lewis, Kaminski and Jones; Julie Krause, Patrick’s Grille; Chad McKeever, Sullair; Scott Newcomb, Sullivan Palatek; and Sandra Smith, PNC Bank. Ex-officio directors, Barbara Eason-Watkins, Michigan City Area Schools and Aco Sikoski, Ivy Tech.