Of 54 companies, Kidstuff Playsystems in Gary landed a spot in the final four of the Coolest Thing Made in Indiana competition. Their tri-ride slide is, at the least, the fourth Coolest Thing Made in Indiana.
The final four competitors were:
- Hiker Trailers in Columbus: a custom teardrop camping trailer
- Kidstuff Playsystems in Gary: a tri-ride slide
- Maple Leaf Farms in Leesburg: roast half duck
- Polywood in Syracuse: Elevate 12-piece pit sectional
Maple Leaf Farms and Polywood are competing in the finals for the title. Voting continues through 10 p.m. ET Nov. 30 for a winner. The top companies will be honored and the champion announced during the Indiana Chamber’s Best IN Manufacturing Luncheon on Dec. 14 in Indianapolis.
Other competitors from the Region were:
- Belstra Milling Co., DeMotte
- Bionic Prosthetics & Orthotics, Merrillville
- Dec-o-Art, Elkhart
- Janus Motorcycles, Goshen
- Kimball International, Jasper
- Models Plus, Kingsford Heights
- Pure Green Farms, South Bend/Elkhart
- Talbert Manufacturing, Rensellaer
- Wag’n Tails Mobile Conversions, South Bend
- Weiland Designs, Goshen
Original matchups were generated randomly online. Find the complete semi-final bracket here. Competition entry was free. Companies entering were not required to have headquarters in Indiana, but the products had to be manufactured in Indiana.